Fast pitch sees improvements from last year's season

Alyssa Wheeler

The McMaster fast pitch season is in full swing, here is a summary of the team’s results as they’ve progressed throughout the year

The McMaster fast pitch team has kicked off their season, competing in a number of games where they’ve accumulated both losses and wins. In their opening weekend on Sept. 7, the team lost twice against York University, but were able to turn it around as they captured two wins against Queen’s University the following day.

The team went on to face the University of Windsor on Sept. 14 in two back to back games. Despite increasing their roster size to account for the high volume of games, the Marauders were unable to secure a win against the Lancers. The Marauders lost with a score of one to eight in their first game, with the second game seeing the Marauders lose in a one to six scoreline. 

Despite increasing their roster size to account for the high volume of games, the Marauders were unable to produce a win against the Lancers.

The following day, the Marauders took on the University of Guelph in another back to back series. The Marauders were able to earn themselves a narrow win in the first match, with a score of eight to seven. The team’s second match would see them lose with a score of three to seven

The week after, the Marauder's had a packed weekend beginning Sept. 20 when they first faced off against Waterloo, followed by Guelph and Laurier for a total of six games in a three day span.

The first two games against the Waterloo Warrior on Sept. 20 started the weekend off on a high for the Marauders. The team was able to secure two wins against the Waterloo Warriors, first with a score of five to three and the second game finishing with a score of nine to one.

The Marauders then headed to the University of Guelph to face a familiar opponent in another two game series on Sept. 21. The team lost their first game against the Gryphons, but were able to secure a win with a score of five to three during the second game.

To finish their busy weekend on Sept 22, the Mauraders traveled back to Waterloo to face the University of Laurier in a two game series. The Marauders seemingly did not have enough fuel to finish out the weekend on a high, as they lost both games to the Golden Hawks.

The Marauders would seemingly not have enough fuel to finish out the weekend on a high, as they lost in both games to the Golden Hawks.

The Marauders currently sit with a record of six wins and eight losses for this season, an improvement compared to the two wins and 18 losses the team finished with last year. The team will finish their regular season with a two game series against Brock University on Sept. 28 and Sept 29.  

Author

• Alyssa Wheeler

Alyssa is in her fourth year of Human Behaviour. It is her second year writing in the sports section for the Sil. Outside of the Sil, you can find her trying her best to cook a TikTok recipe she found or trying to finish a Starbucks drink.

View all posts