Marauders storm passed Golden Hawks

Alexandra Reilly

It was a very successful weekend for McMaster Marauders rugby as both squads were able to pull off important wins.

The men’s rugby team defeated the Laurier Golden Hawks on the Back 10 field on Oct. 11 with a crushing 24-8 victory.

If you only take one supplement take this one! It supports your immune system from the inside! Your body will thank you. Canadian pharmacy cialis. It can help many men who have erectile dysfunction get and keep an erection when they become sexually stimulated.

A commending effort by fourth-year Cam Stones who put up four tries against Laurier was a big part of the Marauder win.

McMaster hit the field hard in the opening minutes with fourth year Stones crossing the goal line twice within the first 10 minutes of the match. Captain Andrew Ferguson would then kick a successful convert on the second to extend the Marauders lead to 12-0.

Laurier would not be far behind showing some life in the first half as they successfully kicked a penalty goal to bring the score to 12-3.

Stones would strike once again for the third time in the match putting McMaster ahead 17-3 as the first half came to a close.

Offensively, the second half was a quiet one, as the Marauders would hold their ground and eliminate any opportunity for a Laurier point.

Stones continued to shine scoring his fourth and final try of the game with James Leveridge following that up with a successful convert helping the Maroon and Grey to grasp their third season win with a 24-8 victory at home.

Looking ahead to Waterloo, it will be important for the team to play a hard 80-minute game. Giving their all for the full 80 minutes will be the key.

“This is our last game before playoffs; a win with a bonus point is a must,” said Whitby, Ont. native Cam Stones.

“The main focus for this week’s game is coming out strong and maintaining intensity for the full 80 minutes.”

“We need to win this game decisively and it’s an important step to gelling before playoffs.”

McMaster will conclude it’s regular season in one week’s time as they welcome the Waterloo Warriors to the Back 10 field. The game is set for Oct. 19 and kick off is scheduled for 2 p.m.