Oktoberfest beer reviews, genau!

lifestyle
Est. Reading Time: 1 minute

Hacker-Pschore’s Munich Gold

buying viagra in chicago

4/5 stars

This light lager is a crowd pleaser even among non-beer drinkers. It’s apple-y aroma makes it a smooth transition for those of you who have yet to stray from the cider. Smooth and light, you cant’t go wrong with a Hacker.

Bitburger

3/5 stars

This light draft has a mild fizz and goes down relatively easy. We unanimously decided it had a bit of a “stinky foot-ish” scent. But overall, it went down smooth despite the fizz and foot.

DAB: Dortmunder Export

2/5 stars

With a dark yellow colour, this beer is reminiscent of an unhealthy urine sample. Its strong smell and grainy texture made it less enjoyable than most. But a weak aftertaste could make a purchase worthwhile.

Celebrator

3/5 stars

Aside from having adorable packaging, this beer’s thick texture and molasses-y flavour made it go down like a smooth cappuccino. It smells a bit like soy sauce and leaves a strong aftertaste, but the sweet and unique flavour make it worth a try.

Schneider Weisse’s Original

3/5 stars

This wheat beer has a herbal, woodsy taste and a generous bottle size. Its pungent scent and sour aftertaste were obvious drawbacks.

Although a cinnammon taste made it rather delicious.

Hofbrau Munchen Original

2/5 stars

With a skunky smell and murky brown colour, this malty brew made for an unpleasant drink.

But on the plus side, it’s toasty flavour and bubbly vibe would make it perfect for a cold autumn night.

Author

• lifestyle

Alexandra Reilly is a third-year communications student and has been writing for the Silhouette for two years. She started her career in sports writing as a weekly volunteer and covering women's volleyball in her second year. Now she works as the assistant sports editor of the paper and hopes to one day work in sports media and broadcasting.