Pride Hamilton’s annual event is this August at Pier 4 Park

Est. Reading Time: 1 minute

This year, Pride Hamilton’s outdoor event will include vendors, performances and a beer garden

Pride Hamilton is hosting their annual pride event on Sunday, Aug. 27 at Pier 4 Park between 12:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. The outdoor event will include vendors, food, a beer garden, performances as well as family and youth activities

In Dec. 2022, Pride Hamilton reached out to the community via Instagram to ask for suggestions for an accessible and inclusive location for this year’s festivities. Some of the considerations factored into their selection include safety for 2SLGBTQIA+ and BIPOC individuals, accessibility transit and mobility devices and accessibility to shaded areas.

The location for this year’s event was shared on Instagram in May 2023. Pride Hamilton detailed in their caption that Pier 4 Park is accessible by HSR, accessible to mobility devices and offers parking.

Shortly after they announced their location, Pride Hamilton announced this year’s vendors, which include local businesses such as OWL & Crafty Beaver, Sugar Daddies Bakery and Coco Blossoms.

In addition to their large event in Au- gust, Pride Hamilton has hosted and promoted several events throughout June 2023, including yard sign fundraiser and a pride comedy festival.

For more information on Pride Hamilton and this year’s pride events, visit the Pride Hamilton website.

Author

• Bela Davidson

Bela is in her fourth year of Integrated Biomedical Engineering and Health Sciences. This is her second year on the news team and she is so excited to engage with the Hamilton community. When she's not writing, Bela can be found drinking coffee or watching YouTube video essays.

View all posts