Ward 1 councillor candidate: Jason Allen

Ryan Tse
Est. Reading Time: 1 minute
Photo C/O www.jasonaallen.ca

Jason Allen describes himself as a lifelong volunteer and community leader. In the past, Allen served as the president of the University of Calgary students’ union. He was also the president of the Down Syndrome Association of Hamilton. Allen also served on five different neighbourhood association committees and the participatory budget committee.

Allen’s platform is focused on safe and reliable transportation, safe neighbourhoods and responsible development. With respect to transit, Allen wants to hold city council accountable for their promised increased investments and wants there to be more ‘appropriately sized vehicles.’

Allen’s strategy for keeping student housing affordable entails supporting mid-rise developments near the university.

Other student-related priorities for Allen include attending McMaster president's advisory committee on community relations meetings and educating students about tenant rights.

“As a former student leader, I understand many of the unique challenges in trying to pursue an education while at the same time living away from home for the first time,” said Allen.

More information about the candidate's platform can be found at www.jasonaallen.ca

[button link="https://www.thesil.ca/meet-your-ward-1-councillor-candidates/" color="silver"] Return to all candidates[/button]